Thursday 7 June 2007

How to alter picture height and width

There's two ways to make a picture the right size for the sidebar.

1) The first is to import it into blogger in the smallest size. I often import the bigger one for a post, and a small one for the sidebar, then once I've got the 'address' of the small one, I either delete it, or copy and paste the html for it into a permenent 'draft' post.

or

2) The second way, that I know of, is to specify the height and width in the sidebar blurb. After the closing of the quotation marks, but before the closing 'V' shaped brackets, write

height="" width=""



I've found the width of my sidebar is about 200, and to keep the picture in proportion, I usually use a width of 150:


5 Comments:

At 9 June 2007 at 02:26 , Blogger krystyna said...

Thank you so much, Annelisa.
I needed it!

 
At 18 November 2007 at 01:57 , Blogger Linda said...

Thanks for stopping by. I've read through most of your blogs and didn't know where to really leave a comment. I choose this one because of my struggles with formating. I learned a lot reading through this blog and I thank you for that.

You too, have a great Peace Globe!!!

 
At 21 January 2008 at 08:14 , Blogger Bill said...

Hi Anne,

Just found your comment on my blog recently. Didn't realise who it was right a way.
Have been wanting to catch up with you on family history adn have sent emails. Hope you still use phoenix address.

Bill Clifford

 
At 9 April 2008 at 17:49 , Blogger krystyna said...

Take care and God bless.

 
At 9 November 2010 at 11:42 , Blogger SueB said...

I take it a step further - to keep the picture proportional, the amount you reduce one side should be followed for the other side ... so, if your ex pic is 800x640, and you divided the 800 side by 4 to get to the 200 width you want, you should divide the other side (640) by 4 as well ... yielding a 200x80 pic in this ex. Hope this helps!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home